Here are questions which you can use with your child to develop their comprehension skills as they read their reading book.
- How is the character feeling? Why?
- What did the character do at the end of the story?
- Which character did you like the best and why?
- Who is the main character?
- What do you think the character is saying to...?
- Tell me something that you found out about the character.
Key questions to ask:
- Can you point to the title?
- Can you find the front and back covers.
- Can you find the spine.
- What is an author and illustrator?
- Can you find any words in the book?